On October 10th I'll be taking part in the 2014 Sick Kids Save Point event, to raise money for The Sick Kids Friends Foundation. The event involves playing games for 24 hours.
The foundation supports the work of the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. The Hospital receives over 100,000 children through its doors each year from all over the country. Money raised goes towards extra comforts, which make time in hospital better for children as well as:
* Extra medical equipment
* Support for sick children who are cared for in the Community
* Funding for extra training and research
Over the past five years, Sick Kids Save Point has raised over £60,000 for the charity.
This year I will be one of the many people who will game, through the night, in support of this fantastic cause.
So I’m basically looking for as many people as possible to donate whatever they can to help out.
There are three main ways to donate:
- In person. If you work with me, or know how to get a hold of me, then you can give it directly to me or fill in my sponsor form.
- Through my Just Giving page.
- Via text message: Just text SKSP83, followed by £2, £5 or £10 to 70070. This allows you to make your donation anytime, anywhere!
I’ll be posting more in the run up to the actual event, with updates on how the total is coming on, any form of major sponsorship I’ve received (I’m currently investigating a few possibilities) as well as how you can follow the actual marathon itself!
Finally, I’m hoping for everyone to spread as much awareness of this campaign as possible. If you see my tweets, Facebook posts or even people you meet, please share them, like them, retweet them etc so we can all make a difference in lives of so many young people who need all the assistance we can give.
Thank you all.