So there’s seven days to go till I undertake my 24 hour gaming marathon as part of the Sick Kids Save Point Event! I’m still looking for as many people as possible to donate, and you can all look forward to a big Facebook and Twitter push in the week running up to the event! But this update is mostly about what you’ll see on the livestream I’ll be providing!
Now all the games I’m about to mention are subject to change, based entirely on my whims and possibly, your suggestions and recommendations.
The 24 hours will be split up into various segments, each of which will involve a different game. My plan is to play something for three hours, then another game for an hour and repeat that pattern. This will mean I play six games for big three hour chunks, and six other games in smaller one hour chunks.
The three hour chunks are intended to be used for games that I’m either currently playing, or games I’ve been holding off on especially for this event.
- Dark Souls (From Software’s punishing Action-RPG)
- Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor (3rd Person Action-Adventure in the Lord Of The Rings universe. Think Assassins Creed mixed with Arkham Asylums combat)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Over the top 80’s styled First Person Shooter starring Terminator and Aliens icon Michael Biehn)
- Civilization V (Turn-Based grand strategy game)
- Elite: Dangerous (Deep space combat and trading simulation)
I’ve still got a space for one more title. This MAY end up being Alien: Isolation, depending on how my PC copes with it. Failing that I’m willing to take suggestions and requests!
The one hour games will be smaller or older titles. Potentially retro titles from older systems.
- Sonic The Hedgehog – Mega Drive
- Super Mario World – Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- 007 Goldeneye – Nintendo 64
- Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night – PlayStation
- Gradius V – PlayStation 2
So I’ve got a good mix of old and new titles to get through. Hopefully there will be something there for people to take an interest in.
As always I need as many donations as possible, so if you could all spread this to your friends on facebook, twitter etc I’d be very grateful!
Once again the ways to donate are as follows:
1 - In person. If you work with me, or know how to get a hold of me, then you can give it directly to me or fill in my sponsor form.
2 - Through my Just Giving page.
3 - Via text message: Just text SKSP83, followed by £2, £5 or £10 to 70070. This allows you to make your donation anytime, anywhere!
Thanks again everyone!